Monday 18 May 2015

Ex Machina ~ A Recommended Film

As mentioned earlier, this blog is morphing and I will be following up this post with more information on that and why you should read it [or understand why you disagree with it] :) 

so a super short recommendation for a movie today... not a review as there's loads out there from people paid to write a lot of words when it comes to it. Ex Machina (pronounced Ex Ma-key-na in case u were wondering how to recommend it to your own mates, which means from the machine i suppose as deus ex machina is god from the machine in Greek) is a great film to me(but I recognise it's not for everyone.. hmm maybe if you liked Ghost In the Shell (film that inspired the matrix, Spielberg's A.I. and Dreamworks to do a live action movie with Scarlett Johansson as the lead... this has all the markings of failure...) & Bladerunner(replicants and the 
Voight-Kampff test and all), then this be for u too) [ Rating: 3.75/4 for sci-fi lovers ]


"There are countless ingredients that make up the human body and mind, like all the components that make up 
me as an individual with my own personality. Sure I have a face and voice to distinguish myself from 
others, but my thoughts and memories are unique only to me, and I carry a sense of my own destiny. Each of those things
are just a small part of it. I collect information to use in my own way. All of that blends to create a mixture that forms
me and gives rise to my conscience. I feel confined, only free to expand myself within boundaries." 
Motoko Kusanagi from Ghost In the Shell
Photobucket
Oscar Isaac turns in a wonderful performance of the nerd king who would be God. He plays super smart and I believe paranoid, isolated and lonely, probably highly insecure geek, & mental giant, Nathan. Domnhall Gleeson portrays an intelligent coder Caleb. hewed from somewhat the same geek/intelligent fabric as Nathan but with different textures and styles ;) Alicia Vikandar delivers a wonderful performance too as Ava and is as Nathan says is '******* amazing' and with the great script and direction from Alex Garland... they and the movie all shine. 


i've always loved pollock's work so this scene was cool on multiple levels
Photobucket
this is meant more as awareness and if you do watch it you can determine for yourself if you like it. cheers, raph
P.S. both the male leads will be in the force awakens. so looking forward to that...


choreographed dance routine level achieved... this was fun and effective at conveying what it had to
Photobucket

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...