Saturday 28 April 2012

raphmeister's deserted island dream… desert island dream... D.I.D... whatever...



[the original post for this is up at paneristi.com (if u're wondering about the 'risti references) as it's a pass it on deal there... where folks tag the next forummer to do a d.i.d]

i had to travel to Kathmandu for an important assignment ... I was thinking plane or ship and it was a bit of coin toss ... take to the air with her
Photobucket

or the sea with her... hmm
Photobucket

but the Captain gave me assurances that she would take good care of me as we headed for our destination...
Photobucket

I wasn’t so sure about her crew though... they looked kinda leaden…
Photobucket

long story short… I wake up and find my bare ar$e in water(u r lucky there is no pic of this... might not fit in the monitor too)...
plane sinking... thankfully these guys were around and dragged me from the watery depths...
Photobucket

and left me ashore with ten items: 2 watches, 2 songs, 1 book, 1 movie, 1 photograph, 1 memory, 1 meal, 1 person...

well of course i will pass over these pieces first as they all probably won't hold up well on the island... ;)
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

and go with (1) Rolex Sub 14060M ~ my first proper watch when I was slaving away at my first job... i decided I needed a decent watch to reward myself then. At the time, i thought it was the only watch I needed and that lasted awhile. an amazing beater that works in the office and in shorts :) I dived and swam with it and knew that if I were ever on a deserted island(which i now find myself on)... I would want it on my wrist...
Photobucket

(2) the 372 - I have been panerai-less at times since lovin the brand n buyin my first pam in 2007 but I always dreamed of owning a kicka$$ 47mm luminor styled Pam and now that i do i don't ever want to be apart from it :) it doesn't get better than this in the current lineup impo... such a fantastic heritage piece
Photobucket

yup i'd be most happy with these 2...
Photobucket

(3 & 4) songs - hendrix little wing live at the isle of wight(but most live version would probably rule)... lamb's gorecki (& U2 & dépêche mode please!!! ;)
Photobucket

(5) one book – the holy bible... (6) one movie - Chungking Express - a wonderful love story directed by Wong Kar Wai & shot beautifully by Christopher Doyle & it has california dreamin...
Photobucket

(7) one photograph - it represents a start down a path. a journey which has its ups n downs but I wouldn't trade it for anything else... my partner in crime when she decided i was worthy
Photobucket

(8) one memory - the birth of these ristis! my children when they were born and watching them grow each day...
Photobucket
Photobucket

(9) one meal - my mums cooking! My mum is an amazing cook n was a professional cook n food consultant for some time as well... Her food is just so good and made with love of course :) Standouts are her popiah & kueh pai tee(pics of these are below)... but her chilli garam prawns and curry crabs are also un-freakin-believable... I am blessed with her wonderful food and love...
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

(10) one person - initially I was thinking some deserted island fun...
Photobucket

but the saner head prevailed ;) as wif many I hv to cheat a lil here... I need all my family wif me... we'll survive well together... wife can do the cookin & cleanin, the boy can get firewood and go fishing, hunting etc... lil bel can help with the washing and maybe repairs to the shelter as she can crawl into tiny spaces... i can chill on the hammock ;) jus kiddin yuh
Photobucket

yup i think we could be comfortable and happy here...
Photobucket


& that’s a wrap! thanks for making it this far and I hope you enjoyed it! :) life's a journey and it's important to have the right travelling companions to make it a great one. i am blessed with a wonderful family, cool friends from my younger days to a LOT of watch (and pam) crazy mates now :) have a great LIFE! Cheers, Raph

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...