Saturday 31 January 2009

SIHH 2009... A quick review

Lets start with what I liked then. The Richard Lange Pour Le Merite. Its cool and lovely. The new upsized 1815s to 40mm are cool, the dark dialled L1 Tz and Dato Perp are cool too. Lange easily had the best showing of all the brands at SIHH.

this one parked under stealth wealth
looks like a steel simple time only watch :)
Photobucket
flip it over and u can see a little chain and fusee action going on
amidst all the German movement stylings... nice

Photobucket

There is also the Urwerk 103T. Looks nice & would love
to check this one out in the metal :)
Photobucket

MB&F - I like the HM2 line the most so more variations are cool
this ones a winner from MB&F in my books
so u got the all white, all black or all red gold n others
Photobucket

For IWC, the Portuguese in the Antique collection in rose gold looks interesting. The AP Jules Audemars Chrono looks quite alright too. The VC Traditionelle range looks smart. And the JLC Ladies GMT Diving Ceramique piece is nice.

VC had probably the next best showing for me with their Traditionelle lineup
Photobucket

Stuff that I didn't like so much
  • More AP Offshore Limited Editions. RBIII is not as nice as the RBII and the AP Millenary line and the other Jules Audemars watches don't appeal much to me.
  • Ralph Lauren watches - Not impressed with the first showing but will see how things develop...
  • Not crazy on the new models shown by Panerai & Panerai Ferrari, De Bethune, IWC, Van Cleef & Arpels, Piaget & Cartier, GP, Jean Richard & Baume & Mercier, Montblanc, Parmigiani, Roger Dubuis

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read your original post and I thought it was spot on! Can you repost it?

Anonymous said...

i see that you've change your posting to sound more respectable. Although you didn't dare to post my comment, at least you got the message.

raphael too said...

To 1st Anonymous... Thanks. I got some grief from some folks for speaking my mind and I figure I don't need that. This is supposed to be fun and when the fun stops then this stops.

I won't repost the original one but thanks for being open to my point of view.

Cheers
Raph

raphael too said...

To 2nd Anonymous, I did not change it because of you and I would prefer it if you kept your negative comments/views to yourself, otherwise there are many other sites out there that you can go to and you don't have to come here.

I have always been selective of comments from Anonymous posters and folks trying to promote their own sites etc and I didn't see any merit to your 1st comment to post it.

I posted this comment of yours even though its rather derisory as u have not been kind enough to provide your identity or contact and I would have responded privately.. 'didn't dare' to post your original comment? u don't even reveal your own name/identity when leaving negative remarks.

Better perhaps for you go to other blogs but I don't think any blog author would appreciate any of your negative comments.

Cheers
Raph

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...